Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ferguson

I live in the suburb next to Ferguson.  I am often in the area where the riots are occuring.  Ferguson is a great community and it breaks my heart that this is happening.  I don't really know what to say.  I don't understand why an unarmed man was shot & killed.  I am frustrated that the police will not give out more information.  I am appalled that people are using this as a reason to loot businesses that are supporting their community. I am horrified that the police are taking such militaristic tactics.  I am saddened that the news and social media sites are not putting a greater emphasis on the citizens that are trying to help their neighborhood recover.  If you only watched national news, you would think Ferguson is a war zone.  It isn't.  I am at a lost as to what to do to make the situation better.  This isn't the Ferguson I know, and I feel helpless to do anything about it.

No comments: