Sunday, September 21, 2014

St. Louis People's Climate March


Today was a beautiful day for St. Louis' People's Climate March.  While I couldn't make it to the big one in New York, it still felt great to be part of the movement in some way.  I was there as a representative of Missouri Interfaith Power & Light (and UU :-).  While there were a few people of faith there, I was saddened that not more had turned out.  We did quite a bit of outreach to the religious communities (Unitarian Universalists included), but very few came.  I am not sure why. What does it take to motivate religious people?  The weather was perfect, the march in a convenient location, and it is a social justice issue.  Yet, there seems to still be disconnect and distinct lack of activism. I was heartened, though, by the faith representation in New York.  Perhaps that will spread out to the rest of the country!

No comments: